Journal of Second Language Pronunciation
The Journal publishes papers in four main areas: experimental, instructed, and naturalistic research about second language pronunciation; review articles that synthesize research perspectives of key pronunciation issues from different disciplines;teaching-oriented papers detailing successful practices and research-based instruction; and reviews of technology and books focused on second language pronunciation.
Contributions focusing on empirical research will represent all portions of the methodological spectrum including quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods studies. The journal invites papers on topics such as intelligibility and comprehensibility, accent, phonological acquisition, the use of technology (such as automatic speech recognition, text-to-speech, and CAPT), spoken language assessment, the social impact of L2 pronunciation, the ethics of pronunciation teaching, pronunciation acquisition in less commonly taught languages, speech perception and its relationship to speech production, and other topics.
The Journal of Second Language Pronunciation publishes its articles Online First.
All prices for print + online include postage/handling.
|Online-only||Print + online|
|Volume 7 (2021): 3 issues; ca. 450 pp.||EUR 244.00||EUR 282.00|
|Volume 6 (2020): 3 issues; ca. 450 pp.||EUR 244.00||EUR 282.00|
Individuals may apply for a special subscription rate of EUR 70.00 (online‑only: EUR 65.00)
Private subscriptions are for personal use only, and must be pre-paid and ordered directly from the publisher.
|Online-only||Print + online|
(Vols. 1‒5; 2015‒2019)
|EUR 904.00||EUR 1,007.00|
|Volume 5 (2019)||3 issues; 450 pp.||EUR 239.00||EUR 276.00|
|Volume 4 (2018)||2 issues; 300 pp.||EUR 170.00||EUR 191.00|
|Volume 3 (2017)||2 issues; 300 pp.||EUR 165.00||EUR 185.00|
|Volume 2 (2016)||2 issues; 300 pp.||EUR 165.00||EUR 180.00|
|Volume 1 (2015)||2 issues; 300 pp.||EUR 165.00||EUR 175.00|
Volume 6 (2020)
Volume 5 (2019)
Volume 4 (2018)
Volume 3 (2017)
Volume 2 (2016)
Volume 1 (2015)
19 January 2021
18 January 2021
8 January 2021
25 November 2020
29 October 2020
6 October 2020
1 October 2020
11 September 2020
10 September 2020
1 September 2020
31 August 2020
18 August 2020
6 August 2020
4 August 2020
8 July 2020
7 July 2020
8 June 2020
25 March 2020
17 March 2020
9 March 2020
2 March 2020
25 February 2020
13 February 2020
11 February 2020
4 February 2020
13 January 2020
3 December 2019
25 November 2019
17 September 2019
- Authors wishing to submit articles for publication in JSLP are requested to do so through the journal’s online submission and manuscript tracking site. All other inquiries should be directed towards the editors by e-mailing the journal at: JournalSLPgmail.com.
- Submissions should be prepared according to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) 6th edition. Submissions that do not follow the APA style or that do not correspond to the focus of JSLP will be returned to authors without review.
- Contributions must be in English. Spelling should be either American English or British English and should be consistent throughout the paper. It is always advisable to have the paper checked by an experienced writer prior to submission.
- All articles published in this journal are double-blind peer reviewed. Self-identifying citations and references in the article text should typically be avoided or left blank when manuscripts are first submitted. Authors are responsible for reinserting self-identifying citations and references when manuscripts are prepared for final submission.
- For initial submission, authors should submit their MANUSCRIPT in electronic form in Word only, double-spaced with 3 cm/1 inch margins. While submitting the manuscript, authors must provide a concise and informative title of the article; the name, affiliation, and address of each author; a self-contained abstract in English (100-150 words) that should not contain any undefined abbreviations or unspecified references, and five to ten keywords to be used for indexing purposes.
- Submissions should be approximately 8,500 words long, including references and appendices.
- Upon acceptance, the author will be requested to furnish the FINAL VERSION in electronic form (Word).
- Authors are responsible for observing copyright laws when quoting or reproducing material. The copyright of articles published in JLSP is held by the publisher. Permission for the author to use the article elsewhere will be granted by the publisher provided full acknowledgement is given to the source.
- Authors should provide the final version of the 100-150 word abstract in English.
- Papers should be reasonably divided into sections and, if appropriate, subsections. The headings of these subsections should be numbered in Arabic numerals (1.; 1.1.; 1.1.1.). Authors are advised not to use more than three levels of displayed headings.
- Line drawings (FIGURES) should be submitted as reproducible originals. They should be numbered consecutively, and appropriate captions should be provided. Reference to any FIGURES should be given in the appropriate place where they should appear.
- TABLES should be numbered consecutively and should be referred to in the main text. TABLES should be created with Word’s table function, not as spreadsheets.
- NOTES should appear as ENDNOTES and should be concise, kept to a minimum, and numbered consecutively throughout the paper.
REFERENCES in the text should be formatted according to APA style.
- Authors are kindly requested to check their manuscripts very carefully before submission in order to avoid delays in publication. The first author will receive a PDF file with page proofs for final correction. One set must be returned with corrections by the dates determined by the publication schedule. Any author’s alterations other than typographical corrections in the page proofs may be charged to the author.
- Authors of main articles will receive a complimentary copy of the issue in which their paper appears.
- Manuscripts should be submitted through the journal’s online submission and manuscript tracking site.
If you are not able to submit online, or for any other editorial correspondence, please contact the editors: JournalSLPgmail.com
Manuscripts can be submitted through the journal's online submission and manuscript tracking site. Please consult the guidelines and the Short Guide to EM for Authors before you submit your paper.
If you are not able to submit online, or for any other editorial correspondence, please contact the editors by e-mail: JournalSLPgmail.com